vgriff’s travel tenets (until I know better)
- Money spent traveling is money well spent.
- All you really need is identification, a phone, and a credit card. Keep your pack light.
- There are many different types of travel and they all have their place. You can learn about the world, connect with other people, or just relax and get back in touch with yourself. It’s important to know which one you want.
- Every trip has what will be whittled down to one magical moment that, if you’re lucky, you will see in your mind’s eye forever. Be aware of that and soak it in while it’s happening.
- Travel photography is a balance. Taking photos shouldn’t detract from your experience but learning to look at your travel with an eye for photos makes you better at seeing what’s right in front of you.
- When in doubt, just go.
Some of my favorite trips: